Terms of Service
Acceptance of Terms
Your use and browsing of the Site is at your risk. If you are dissatisfied with any of the materials contained in the Site, with the quality of service, or with these Terms, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue accessing and using the Site.
In order to utilize certain functionality of the Site, you must complete a registration process. As a registered user of the Site, you agree to (a) provide true, accurate, current, and complete information about yourself as prompted by the Site registration form (such information being the “Registration Data”), and (b) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current, and complete. Upon completing the registration process, you shall receive confirmation email.
By registering, you consent to the collection of your data, including, without limitation, Registration Data, by Wildlife in India Foundation and processing of such data by Wildlife in India Foundation in connection with your use of the Site. You consent to the technical processing and transmission involved in your use of the Site, including, without limitation, Registration Data, and you acknowledge that such process may involve (a) transmission of such data over various networks; and (b) modifying such data to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
Intellectual Property Issues
The Site is owned by Wildlife in India Foundation. All of the content featured or displayed on the Site, including, but not limited to, still images, text, pictorial works, video images, still images of video, graphic designs, audio recordings, multimedia combinations, and computer programs, including web-based programs (“Content”) is owned or licensed by Wildlife in India Foundation.
Advertisements for third-party entities are not considered Content for the purposes of this Section. However, these advertisements are owned or licensed by their respective third-party entities and are subject to protections similar to those set forth in these Terms.
Pursuant to the copyright and trademark laws of India, you agree:
1. That you may only download Content that Wildlife in India Foundation designates as offered for download to any single computer a single copy of any Content for personal and noncommercial use.
2. To not reproduce, distribute, modify, re-post on another site (regardless of the server on which the Content is stored), or sell any Content without specific written authorization from Wildlife in India Foundation, unless such use is pursuant to Educational Use of Content of this agreement.
3. To maintain any and all copyright or other proprietary notices embedded in or attached to any Content.
4. To refrain from framing or mirroring any portion of the Site.
5. For clarity, you retain all of your ownership rights in material you upload, comments you post, or other content you provide to the Site (“User Content”). By uploading User Content, you grant Wildlife in India Foundation (which includes its subsidiaries, affiliates, joint venturers, and licensees) the following rights: a royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual license to display, distribute, reproduce, and create derivatives of the User Content, in whole or in part, without further review or participation from you, in any medium now existing or subsequently developed, in editorial, commercial, promotional, and trade uses in connection with WIIF Products. Wildlife in India Foundation may license or sublicense, in whole or in part, to third parties rights in User Content as appropriate to distribute, market, or promote such WIIF Products. An WIIF Product is defined as “a product of Wildlife in India Foundation, a subsidiary, affiliate, joint venturer, or licensee of Wildlife in India Foundation, in any language, over which Wildlife in India Foundation has “Editorial Control.” For the purposes of this Agreement, “Editorial Control” means the right to review, consult regarding, formulate standards for, or to exercise a veto over the appearance, text, use, or promotion of the WIIF Product. You also agree that Wildlife in India Foundation may make User Content available to users of the Site who may display and redistribute it in the same way that Wildlife in India Foundation makes all other Content available.
Wildlife in India Foundation’s designated agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement on the Site is its Vice President, Business and Governmental Affairs who can be reached as follows:
Ashish Verma (Vice President)
THIS CONTACT INFORMATION IS ONLY FOR REPORTING ALLEGED COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENTS. CONTACT INFORMATION FOR OTHER MATTERS IS PROVIDED ELSEWHERE ON THE SITE.
Educational Use of Content
With respect to Content designated as available for download for educational purposes (“Downloadable Content”), librarians, teachers, support staff, administrators, other staff of educational institutions, students, and adults supporting such students’ learning (“Educators or Learners”) are authorized to download Downloadable Content to a personal computer or school server and print, reproduce, and distribute such Downloadable Content solely for use in educational settings and subject to the restrictions set forth below.
The following restrictions apply to all Downloadable Content:
1. Educators or Learners are prohibited from disseminating Downloadable Content beyond such Educator’s or Learner’s particular educational institution.
2. Under no circumstances may an Educator or Learner use Downloadable Content for commercial purposes.
3. Downloadable Content used for any purpose must always maintain unaltered credit, copyright, other proprietary notices, and embedded links.
4. Educators or Learners may make no modifications to Downloadable Content and must preserve all Wildlife in India Foundation credits and copyright notices.
With respect to Read-Only Downloadable Content, Educators or Learners may neither make use of nor allow or enable the use of Read-Only Downloadable Content in a manner in which it is re-posted, framed, or mirrored on any other websites or computer networks, regardless of educational use.
With respect to Modular Downloadable Content, Educators or Learners may post only products the Educator or Learner has created that contain such Modular Downloadable Content and only to a website administered by the Educator’s or Learner’s school or school system or by Wildlife in India Foundation.
Content used for any purpose must always maintain unaltered copyright and other proprietary notices. Content may not be re-posted, framed, or mirrored on any other Web sites or computer networks, regardless of educational use.
You agree to abide by any relevant terms and conditions of purchase supplied by any party with whom you deal on or through the Site, including, but not limited to, payment of all amounts when due and compliance with all rules and restrictions regarding availability of products or services. You agree that all the information you provide to Wildlife in India Foundation in connection with any purchase made on or through the Site will be true and accurate to the best of your knowledge.
WILDLIFE IN INDIA FOUNDATION EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO GOODS AND SERVICES SOLD ON OR THROUGH THE SITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, MERCHANTABILITY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. You agree that Wildlife in India Foundation’s sole and exclusive maximum liability arising from any product or service sold on the Site shall be the price of the product ordered. IN NO EVENT SHALL WILDLIFE IN INDIA FOUNDATION, ITS AFFILIATED ENTITIES OR PARTNERS, OR THE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, MEMBERS, OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVES OF EACH OF THEM BE LIABLE FOR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES RELATED TO ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE SOLD ON OR THROUGH THIS SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, TRAVEL AND TOURS.
All requests for service and support stemming from dealings with third party manufacturers or service providers should be made directly to such third party in accordance with their terms and conditions.
The Site and all material and information posted on it is provided to you “as is” without any warranties. You agree that you must evaluate and bear all risks associated with use of the Site, including those risks associated with reliance on the accuracy, thoroughness, or utility of any Content.
Although Wildlife in India Foundation does not routinely monitor the postings to the Site, Wildlife in India Foundation reserves the right (but assumes no obligation) to delete, move, or edit any User Content that comes to its attention that Wildlife in India Foundation considers in its sole discretion to be unacceptable or inappropriate, whether for legal or other reasons. Conduct by any user that, at the sole discretion of Wildlife in India Foundation, restricts or inhibits any other user from using or enjoying the Site will not be permitted. Wildlife in India Foundation reserves the right to refuse access to the Site to any user for any reason, including, without limitation, a reasonable belief that the user in question has violated these Terms, any other operating rules or terms currently posted on the Site, or any of the copyright or trademark laws of India.
The Site may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other sites or resources. Because Wildlife in India Foundation has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that Wildlife in India Foundation is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that Wildlife in India Foundation shall not be responsible or liable for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused in connection with use of or reliance on any such linked content, goods or services available on or through any such linked site or resource.
Wildlife in India Foundation wants to encourage an open exchange of information and ideas on the Site. You can expect the Site to include information and opinions from a variety of individuals and organizations other than Wildlife in India Foundation. Wildlife in India Foundation neither endorses nor guarantees the accuracy of any User Content. Wildlife in India Foundation does not preview, censor, approve, edit, or endorse User Content and cannot guarantee that inappropriate material will not be posted. Wildlife in India Foundation may review User Content from time to time and may take steps to remove inappropriate User Content that comes to its attention; however, it engages in no routine monitoring of the Site. There is no substitute for healthy skepticism and your own good judgment.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE SITE IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, WIDLIFE IN INDIA FOUNDATION RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Wildlife in India Foundation; its affiliates and partners; and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, members, licensors, representatives, and third party providers to the Site from and against all losses, expenses, damages, and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from any violation of these Terms. Wildlife in India Foundation reserves the right to assume, at its sole expense, the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will fully cooperate with Wildlife in India Foundation in asserting any available defenses.
Any and all disputes, with the exception of copyright claims, arising out of, under or in connection with this Agreement, including without limitation, its validity, interpretation, performance, or breach, shall be settled by final and binding arbitration in Delhi jurisdiction. If Wildlife in India Foundation is obligated to go to court, rather than arbitration, to enforce any of its rights, you agree to reimburse Wildlife in India Foundation for its respective legal fees, costs, and disbursements if Wildlife in India Foundation is successful.
These Terms and any other operating rules or terms currently posted on the Site constitute the entire agreement between Wildlife in India Foundation and the users of the Site, and supersede all previous written or oral agreements between the parties with respect to such subject matter. No action of Wildlife in India Foundation may be construed as a waiver of any part of these Terms. Should any of the above paragraphs be unenforceable, the other paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
Copyright © 2020 Wildlife in India Foundation. All rights reserved.